Paraprofessional of the Year
The Paraprofessional Section of the Nebraska Library Association (NLA) accepts nominations for the Paraprofessional of the Year Award each year. This award is given annually to a library employee who has demonstrated outstanding service in a library setting.
The recipient will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
1. Innovative programs that the nominee has worked with which have resulted in new or improved library services.
2. Exceptional volunteer work in library service or related field.
3. Exceptional use of library resources, local or otherwise.
The Paraprofessional of the Year may receive:
1. A one-year paid membership to NLA, in the Paraprofessional Section.
2. Stipend, to be determined by the Para Executive Board.
Nominations are due on August 31 of each calendar year. No nomination form is needed just send an email containing the nominee’s criteria from the items above to the Paraprofessional Section Executive Committee: email@example.com.
The Paraprofessional Executive Board will make the final decision on the Paraprofessional of the Year. Winners who are not already active in the Paraprofessional Section will be encouraged to explore and participate in the activities of the section during their free year of membership.